Finally Broke Ground On It!! The Saga Continues.

had to boast with a few more after they were finished. I think there are two pavers we are going to replace out of all of those and that's because we are being picky about it .. lol. very impressed with their effort. if you're in the FL, Alabama Panhandle area I highly suggest looking up Santos Pavers. might cost just a tad more but they are worth it.

IMG_0150.jpgIMG_0151.jpgIMG_0152.jpgIMG_0153.jpg

so it's been an exciting yet boring week. still waiting on electrician to finish up. keeps getting pushed back. last week I woke up thinking to myself ... I never remember getting a pressure test getting done. next day I asked the PB about it and he assured me it had to be done to pass inspection that had already been done.

so I asked just how they performed a pressure test? using water was the answer. and do they leave it on for at least 24 hours? of course was the answer. so explain to me just how one does a pressure test with tape all over the pipe ends (used to keep the dirt and gunite out)?? well they must have cut them off. is that standard procedure?? well no.

so after his explanation I explained to him there was no way in the wide wide world of sports that was ever preformed. I am here every day and out there on and off all day long and trust me there was never a gage on the pipes ... EVER!! so fast forward till today and I now have a pressure test happening and I am making them run it for 48 hours.

unfreaking unbelievable. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: if I hadn't said a word it would have never happened. we are so close but it's now starting to find on my every nerve.

oh and the plaster guys showed up yesterday and I had to tell them there was no way it was even close to being ready. they were not too happy being sent over and the pool not close to being ready.

Travertine looks incredible. Thats some attention to detail in ALL the right places, for sure. Great pride in that work. We chose silver for our travertine, and these pictures really confirm it was the right call. Clean, Modern, just enough tan hint to keep it from feeling TOO sleek.

Sucks to hear about the pressure test. Thats certainly one step I would put serious emphasis on (which you obviously did), and not relent. Can't close up and finalize without proving the arteries!

Reactions: DJFaninTN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Travertine looks incredible. Thats some attention to detail in ALL the right places, for sure. Great pride in that work. We chose silver for our travertine, and these pictures really confirm it was the right call. Clean, Modern, just enough tan hint to keep it from feeling TOO sleek.

Sucks to hear about the pressure test. Thats certainly one step I would put serious emphasis on (which you obviously did), and not relent. Can't close up and finalize without proving the arteries!

you're going to love it when it's complete. I am still amazed just how cool the surface is even on a very hot sunny day.

Thank God it is Friday. Had one of those thoughts that crossed my mind late last night. They never came back and set the accent tile on the steps. GEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHH. After a late night email and phone call eeeeeeearly this morning they are scrambling to find their glass tile guy and get him here.

tenor.gif

well at 6:15 AM we heard the plaster guys showing up. we've kept them in water and gatorade all day. the water was finally turned on around 1PM. guessing it will take at least 2 to 2.5 days to fill up. heat factor is 118 right now and boy howdy is it hot!!

feels good to be at this point but so much left to do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.