FIlter

Apr 8, 2015
Waukesha, Wi
I had an intex easy set pool 18 x 48. Want to upgrade to an 18 x 52 hard side pool. My question is: can I use the filter system that came with the intex which is 1500 gpm on the new hardside
pool. I also have the intex salt water system attached to the filter. Can I use them both on the new pool?

I had an intex easy set pool 18 x 48. Want to upgrade to an 18 x 52 hard side pool. My question is: can I use the filter system that came with the intex which is 1500 gpm on the new hardside
pool. I also have the intex salt water system attached to the filter. Can I use them both on the new pool?
I had the Intex 2500 GPM sandfilter on my 18' X 48" Ultraframe and felt that it was undersized for that pool.

I recommend you invest in a larger filter and pump.

What size is the SWG? The 15K gallon unit is the smallest I would use.

Intex filters and pumps are ALWAYS undersized and inadequate. I would not use them.

Intex marketing plan is to sell you markedly inferior pumps and filters so you can buy larger ones (from intex) when you discover the problem.

Can you leave an Ultra frame up all winter? I live in wisconsin

I live much farther south than you, but we have had some hard freezes. I have left mine up over the past 3 winters with no problems. I do of course disconnect all hoses and drain below the skimmer before I cover it.

It's my opinion that they are more likely to receive damage from folding them up and storing them than they are from freezing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.