Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hello. I recently upgraded my 1 hp Hayward superpump with a variable speed Pentair 342001, 1.5 hp. I have an 18x36 around 25,000 gallon pool. My current filter is a Hayward perflex ec65, which I now see has a flow rating of 67 gpm. Now looking at this pump which has a flow rate over 100, I’m thinking I’m oversized. My pressure has been running over 20 so far which is much higher than it did previously. I’m guessing this filter isn’t large enough? Any filters that you could recommend I replace it with? Thank you.

You have a VS pump. No reason to ever run it at full speed. You can set the max speed at 3000 rpm and will have no issues.

Most times you should be running it at 1200 - 1500 rpm, whatever is needed to close the flow switch on your SWCG.

Reactions: markayash
Thank you for the replies. If I did want to run it a full power. I assume a larger filter would be a good idea? I will keep it turned down most of the time but I have a slide that I was hoping this pump would power pretty strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.