adhanani

Aug 22, 2019
Round Rock, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone! This morning the pool pump didn't come on. I can see the aqualink having power and when placed in service mode and pressing the filter button, I can hear the relay click. The pump wasn't showing any signs of trouble so a bit surprised with this. I've also checked the gfci near the control box and on the pool deck, both seem to working correctly.

One thing that is odd to me is the filter switch/breaker doesn't close and open like the other switches. Sorry a novice here with electrical stuff. I've taken a video this behavior. Is this an issue? Any other guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say there is an issue with that breaker. It should go all the way to the left and not just half way.

The most important thing to do is to kill the power at the main panel so the sub panel does not have any power. After that, it is very easy to do.

Would that be in the main house panel with all the house breakers? That one is located in my garage.

I have one breaker in the pool control panel labeled pool lights that if I flip that, it turns off the aqualink? Could that be the main breaker for incoming power to the pool panel?

Is there a breaker at the main house that is labeled pool? You want the entire pool breaker panel to be dead.

Had an electrician friend come over and he basically pushed hard on the breaker to get it all way left and reset it. Then when the pump was turned on, it made this loud noise without the motor running. He tested the capacitor and that turned out to be bad. He had a spare 50 micor farad and replaced it. Never been so happy to hear the loud notice of my single speed pump!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.