Filter PSI range

s_dubb

May 24, 2019
South West, Arizona
Just curious if there is a chart of “acceptable” PSI ranges on the filter at various speeds? I am currently running my VS pump at 1500 RPM and my PSI range is barely even registering. Just want to know what range one should be looking for when it’s time to clean or if they have a leak.

Filter pressure is dependent on your system total head. Yours is low, that is great!

I would suggest you select a higher rpm to gauge when you need to clean the filter. So when the filters are clean, run the pump at 2500 rpm (or whatever you select) and record the filter pressure. Then every week, run the pump at the same rpm for a few minutes and record the filter pressure. When that pressure is 25% over your clean pressure, clean the filter.

S,

If you have a VS pump, you should run a test at about 2500 RPM, when the filter is clean, and then use that pressure plus 25% as the time to clean your filter.

That said, I have the ccp 520, and just clean my filters twice a year as my pressure never gets high enough. My normal operating pressure is about 1 lb.

Thanks,

Jim R

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.