Filter pressure gauge install question

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I just replaced my filter pressure gauge (back mount gauge on top of filter) and wanted to know if it's normal or ok if the gauge is not perfectly perpendicular to the ground. Mine needed about 1/5th more of a turn to line it up perfectly straight, but it was already hand tight (and a quarter turn), so I didn't want to tighten it anymore and strip something. It seems to be working fine. I've attached a picture of what the gauge looks like installed.

The "Start" is your normal filter pressure when the filter has just been backwashed and all baskets emptied out. The "Clean Filter" is when your pressure has climbed (dirty filter that needs backwashing, baskets with debris that need to be emptied, etc) and it is time to backwash the filter and clean the baskets. It's just a visual guide. You can actually rotate the dial and set it the "Start" arrow on whatever you're clean filter pressure is because people's pools run at different pressures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.