Filter not filtering correctly

JP003

Aug 12, 2018
NJ
I’ve been trying to get my pool to clear up and it’s been going pretty good so far but I’ve noticed that when I go to vacuum what I think is dirt at the bottom it goes through the filter and the water comes out cloudy through the return jet almost like it’s not getting filtered correctly, I have a cartridge filter and just replaced the cartridge beginning of June. Maybe one of you can give me advice on what to do

13000 gal above ground pool
FC - 10.01
TC - 10.01
pH - 7.8
Alkalinity - 135
CYA - 59

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
It sounds as though you may have algae and that's what you are seeing from the return jets. Pool filters aren't designed to kill algae, only capture the dead stuff. Those do not appear to be test results from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C that we recommend (see Test Kits Compared ) so that will make evaluating your situation a little difficult. A couple indications of algae, besides seeing obvious green, is when your water is cloudy and/or you fail an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If either of those happens, it's time to do a SLAM Process. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.