Film on my vinyl liner and brown steps

Looks like iron staining. Get a bottle of vitamin C pills and place one on the step. You should see almost immediate lightening in a much larger area than you might expect. If it lightens it, that conforms iron staining and you will want to do the same thing on a larger scale with an ascorbic acid treatment Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains then use a sequestration regularly to prevent staining.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ascorbic acid removes the stains and places them back into the water. You must then continue to use a sequestrant to keep the metals from falling back out of solution and turning to solids that stain your pool surface.

Ascorbic acid lifts the stains.

Sequestrants keep the stains lifted.

The only way to remove the metal from the water is to exchange it. You must keep using sequestrants as they eventually get destroyed by the chlorine/degrade over time and thus need to be replaced to keep the metal from turning back into a solid and staining your surface.

Reactions: JohnT
Read post #12... @justinc explained the situation and how to deal with it well.

Maddie :flower:
Yes, I read it, and it explains the predicament I’m in very well. The city water is what it is, as it puts the metals in my pool. My question is “how much Ascorbic acid do I add to clear up the pool liner?”
Or, I guess I could just live with it, since it’s going to be a never ending battle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.