Filling new pool inna few weeks

Do not add any more m.a. for now. That pH needs to go back up. The CYA will also pull the pH down a little bit. You can roll your returns up to roll the water good and turn on any water features you have to work on getting it up.

Kim:kim:

Also do not use Soda Ash. Your pH will rise naturally with a high TA.
Baking Soda = big TA change, small pH change
Borax = Big pH change, small TA change
Washing Soda = big pH change, big TA change. Probably more TA change than you want.

The reason I ask if the CH is too high is that (I'm guessing calcium) flakes are coming thru the returns and sit on the floor. Other than that the water is clear.
High TA can cause calcium flakes to be created in a SWCG. Keep the TA below 90 and the CSI between 0 and -0.3

So, over the last few days I have dumped 5 gallons of MA to try to lower the TA. I have gone from 250 to only 200. My PH is at 7.0. Should I keep attacking the TA with MA or do I dump in the Borax, wait, and MA a little later. I really have no way of aerating. I turned the air on in the spa (air pump) and elevated the PH there but it didn't transfer to the pool at all. CYA should be near 50-60 by tomorrow. Chl was at 3-6 this am. The pool is clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gold can you turn your returns at all? If so then you can turn them to they roll the water. That is what I do and it works well!
No. I have no eyeballs in the returns. When I tiled the pool I cut the pipe back and tile the inside for an inch so they are invisible. Just my thing. I did the same on my last pool and had some clear eyeballs that worked but didn't look into those yet.

Then Borax it is! Get that pH up to 8.0 as fast as you can THEN lower it to 7.2. Do this yo-yo until you get your TA to 80 or so.

Do you happen to have a subm. pump? You can have it pretend it is a fountain! Just make sure to put the pump in something so it does to mark any of that pretty tile!

Then Borax it is! Get that pH up to 8.0 as fast as you can THEN lower it to 7.2. Do this yo-yo until you get your TA to 80 or so.

Do you happen to have a subm. pump? You can have it pretend it is a fountain! Just make sure to put the pump in something so it does to mark any of that pretty tile!
Yes I have a pump I can throw in there. On with the Borax. Thanks Kim

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.