Filling new pool inna few weeks

MyasianGold

In The Industry
Feb 13, 2020
Sarasota FL
So I finally got my pool tiled, all Bisazza glass mosaics, and will be filling in a few weeks. The quipment will be set in a week or so. The list below is tentative. Pretty solid except for the IntelliCenter. Not sure that it's needed. I'm just thinking that the Easy Touch might a little easier to understand for everyone here. We will have one pump IntelliFlo VSF 3hp. I guess I'm posting this way ahead of filling so's I might get a little insight. This is my 2nd all tile pool. I actually had an account here back 10 years or so ago so it's not my first pool and have some experience. We are however filling with well water and not city water this time. I had the well water checked a few weeks ago but bein so busy I lost the results. I do know that there is no iron present and also remember that there was nothing off the charts. The ph from the well is 7. The plan is to fill with 2 hoses from the well and dump some chlorine in. I will have another sample done at the local pool store and try to be prepared to get everything in balance. Anyway, any tips on a well water start up will be appreciated.

M,

Almost no one "needs" an automation system.. It is more of a luxury item, as is the whole tile pool.

I have three pools with three EasyTouch systems and they work just fine. That said, if I were to install another pool, it would have the IntelliCenter. If you include ScreenLogic, which is required to control the ET with your phone, PC or tablet, the IC is about $300 more, but it is a way better system.

The ET has a max of 12 programs, the IC has 100. The ET has a yellow LCD, the IC is all color and has graphics. The ET is a what you buy is what you get system, the IC is expandable...

Buying the ET is a little like buying a 20 year old cell phone, vs buying the latest XL9000... They both make phone calls, but which do you really want.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. When you put it that way I would probably be happier with an older phone. These "smart" phones can be quite annoying sometimes. Anyway, with what you said and with the recommendation from a pool contractor that I know on the west coast I will be going with the IntelliCenter. As for the all tile pool, that's what I do for a living and had 1400 feet of Bisazza laying around, so.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Yes my idea. We built the house and pool ourselves. We like the lap pool and one depth of 5 feet. No crazy curves and depth changes. The bench faces south so in the winter it's a good place to kick back in the sun a bit. I do these Bisazza all tile pools all the time so it's only natural to go with the glass finish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's some Alkalinity! You can drop that with repeated doses of MA, then use some agitation from the returns or perhaps a sump pump returning a spray of water back to the pool to raise your pH again.

A little more calcium too, please?

Maddie :flower:

Now that is MY kind of pool right there! NOTHING BUT BLING!!!!

Picking your brain a little........did YOU do those tiles? Did they have mesh backing or paper front? Did you take them apart and hand lay each one? That is some of the best work I have seen!! WOWZER to the max!!

Kim:kim:

So I added calcium but somehow got the figures wrong and now I am between 300-325. The Alk is down to 180 and I plan on adding some MA later today as I put some in this am. The PH is at 7.0 and plan on picking up some soda ash tomorrow and start working on that. The PH was at 7.4 this am but after adding the MA it went down. I am adding CYA today so's I can keep the chlorine up. Gettin there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.