Southern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Started our project June 28, shotcrete on July 18 and today is the day when we finally started filling! Now the hardest part begins of seeing that water in there and resisting going in for 30 days. Luckily it's too cold to go in anyway! 🥶🤣 The weather will give us time to get the rest of the yard, plants and all that in order before we have our first guests over.

The pool tech is planning on going over startup procedures, brushing the walls for plaster debris and all that this weekend.

Unsure the total gallons, but the pool is SWG, tahoe blue stonescapes mini pebble with glass and abalone. I'm in Southern California in case you are wondering :)

IMG_0764.jpegIMG_0766.jpegIMG_0768.jpegIMG_0772.jpegIMG_0771.jpeg

Hey Mike and belated Welcome !!!!

Meet my pal @kimkats. She's gonna be a fan of what you did, just a hunch. She's also got a great set of links to share.

Do you have your trusty test kit already ? How far along did you get in the Pool Care Basics ?

Hey Mike and belated Welcome !!!!

Meet my pal @kimkats. She's gonna be a fan of what you did, just a hunch. She's also got a great set of links to share.

Do you have your trusty test kit already ? How far along did you get in the Pool Care Basics ?
Thanks! I have not purchased a test kit yet. I plan on doing that soon. The pool installer is supposed to take care of all that for me for the first few months but I'll be learning along the way and learning from the community here as well.

Reactions: Newdude
Test Kits Compared

The TF-pro is the hands down winner in that link. (But get the pro-salt for a bundle deal). If you get the k2006 or TF-100 you also need to add a Taylor K-1766 salt test. Also neither of those kits come with a stirring device, which is the best $40something you can spend on your pool.

The TF-100 is the budget conscious model and has the same testing reagents as the TF-Pro. Both of the TF kits are guaranteed fresh with a fast turnaround.

The K2006C may or may not have sat on a shelf or been resold in the wholesale market of online vendors taking more time off its lifespan.

You can get 2 years out of a kit when stored properly.

I'll be learning along the way and learning from the community here as well.
There is no learning like doing. It sinks in SO much faster. Start reading. Take a day to process it. Read it again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Ask away and we'll help fill in any blanks.

I wanna see that waterfall more! That looks awesome! Who designed it?
I put a little video together quickly to show you more. You can see the slide and waterfall turn on here.

Bella Vista Pools built my pool. I know they contracted out the slide/waterfall but I don't remember his name. He just free-formed it on the fly as he was building it.

Here's the video:

• Love
Reactions: Bjohn and kimkats
It is a WATERFALL SLIDE!!!! OH HOW NEAT IS THAT!!!! I love everything about it!!! You built my dream pool with that and the pretties all over it! Well done! It is so neat to see someone that has skills like your waterfall/slide guy! I bet it was neat to see as be built it. Thanks for the video! I am going to watch it again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is a WATERFALL SLIDE!!!! OH HOW NEAT IS THAT!!!! I love everything about it!!! You built my dream pool with that and the pretties all over it! Well done! It is so neat to see someone that has skills like your waterfall/slide guy! I bet it was neat to see as be built it. Thanks for the video! I am going to watch it again!
Yeah it was really cool to watch it come to life... here are some photos from the build:
IMG_2081.jpegIMG_2110.jpegIMG_2113.jpegIMG_2132.jpegIMG_2524.jpegIMG_2525.jpegIMG_2526.jpegIMG_2527.jpegIMG_2617.jpegIMG_2897.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.