Fill water filter

John_and_Val

Gold Supporter
Mar 30, 2018
Sunrise/FL
My city water is hitting 8 (or could be above) on a Taylor test kit............... everything else is in check.

Couple of questions -
1- I need to put a pre filter on the fill line side of my plumbing. Not for the pool water but for the ice maker that also gets supplied by the water.

2 - Is there anything in the filter world that will reduce pH? or is it all chemically done?

3 - Any recommendations on a pre filter that will work for both pool water and an ice maker (and also a small sink in bbq kitchen area)????

Thanks

Good morning J&V! Just to clarify what you're asking, are you looking for a filter to help with just pH, scale, iron, or something else? The quote - "city water is hitting 8", I'm assuming that's pH? I'm not aware of anything that helps to treat pH via filtration. Other than a water softener to help with hard source water, and perhaps some homemade pr aftermarket products for iron filtration, that's all that comes to my mind. The ice maker would seem to be a different animal since I'm assuming the feed line and amount used is much smaller. If the ice makers water line is 1/4" for example, there are after-marker filters that can be inserted in the line. But if I missed the intent of your question, let us know. We have some folks here that can help I'm sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.