Fill pool water after liner replacement

How do I estimate that? After 3 summers, last year was our worst year due to a failing liner. We had a couple months where our bill was $400+. This was where we were filling the pool about once a week to raise up 3-5". We also have a medium sized pond water feature that we had to fill.

When we filled ours last fall, we only had one option, using the hose from the house supply. In talking with the PB, he said that some jurisdictions (less common today) allowed for you to pay the fire department to come out with a meter that attaches to the fire department, and then they'd only charge you for usage. Said it's mostly found today in really small towns, because most larger municipalities don't want to deal with the process overhead it creates. Either way, it wasn't an option where we live, I'm just throwing this out there because I guess it used to be common according to what he told me...

How do I estimate that? After 3 summers, last year was our worst year due to a failing liner. We had a couple months where our bill was $400+. This was where we were filling the pool about once a week to raise up 3-5". We also have a medium sized pond water feature that we had to fill.

Holy cow!!! I'm in the land of "tax everything, even the air", in NY. However, even with a sprinkler system, my summer water bill is around $20 every two months and my sewer bill is $25 every two months. Although, I get bent over with school taxes, $9000 a year on a 60x100 property

What are options for filling the pool after a liner replacement? Our hose is tied to our main water and we get charged for sanitation which makes filling our pool ridiculous. Are there alternatives that I can consider?

You might call your water dept and see what they say. Ours only charges sewer fees based on Jan-march for houses but everyone else is directly tied like yours is. However, if it's directly tied, i can call in and say "I'm filling the pool and it holds xx,000 gallons" and they'll not count that towards the sewer fee.

What are options for filling the pool after a liner replacement? Our hose is tied to our main water and we get charged for sanitation which makes filling our pool ridiculous. Are there alternatives that I can consider?

Call your local town or whoever charges for water. In my area they have a provision to allow one pool fill per year. They take a reading before and after you fill the pool. They then only charge you the water portion of the difference. Look on their website or call them to see if they do this.
An alternative is to check around to see if there is a water trucking service that can fill your pool. These trucking services are usually more expensive than filling from your house hose though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.