Fibre Optic lighting issue

TritonPoolMGMT

In The Industry
Sep 15, 2015
Brantford
Hi all,

I have a fibre-optic lighting unit that I am trying to troubleshoot. The manufacturer/distributer is Optic-Light Inc. which is now out-of-business.

The fibre-optic units I am accustomed to operate off of a toggle switch to control on/off on the outside of the illuminator box or are wired to an automation device. This unit is not. It has a plug into a 120V outlet.

When it is plugged in nothing happens. No fan or light. Is this a case where both the bulb and fan are fried or is it possible this unit operates only off of a remote control? Obviously don't know where the remote is...

If anyone has some suggestions let me know!

Fibre Optic unit.jpg

Those receptacles look like Leviton Z-wave devices. Without something to control them they'll be in the off state.

To test the fan and light, you can unplug the from the top of each receptacle and plug them into the bottom one. Be sure to plug the fan in first. If they both work like that, you can get a new z-wave remote or wire a manual switch into the circuit to operate the light unit.

P.S. There should be a cover switch to prevent operation unless the cover is in place. You may have to either install the cover or momentarily close the switch to test the unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.