Fiberglass pool TN

Pool looks great! I love the big area of concrete at the bottom of the deck stairs. Looks like that area will get shade from the house too đź‘Ť

Pool looks great! I love the big area of concrete at the bottom of the deck stairs. Looks like that area will get shade from the house too đź‘Ť
Thanks, it gets some shade in the afternoon from the deck closer to the fence.
We have a fire pit going in the circle area and we’ll have some Adirondack chairs around that.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Electric inspector came by today and failed us a second time. This time I got to talk to him. He knows the electrician and seemed surprised that he didn’t do a few of the things he failed us on.
of course I’ve pretty much paid the builder for everything and it took over a month to get the inspection done in the first place.

What did the inspector fail you on? Something easy I hope!
Four different things but the biggest was the breaker panel needs 30” wide and 36” deep workspace and the pipes are in the way. He will have to move the panel back to where he pulled the power and run a line.

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Four different things but the biggest was the breaker panel needs 30” wide and 36” deep workspace and the pipes are in the way. He will have to move the panel back to where he pulled the power and run a line.

Ouch, that does sound like a big problem. Have they been communicating with you on a schedule? Pool looks great, lets hope for a quick turnaround on the issues!

Ouch, that does sound like a big problem. Have they been communicating with you on a schedule? Pool looks great, lets hope for a quick turnaround on the issues!

Of course not, I'm expecting a painful process given the history of this builder and the fact that it took them over a month just to call for the inspection after I bugged them several times. The electrician pulled the electrical permit and was responsible for calling in the inspection. I don't really care how much it cost, I shouldn't have to pay anything since it is their screw up and since I talked to the inspector I know the action they should take and I don't want some easy quick workaround.

How is it going with the water chemistry? Are you doing all the testing and chemicals yourself?
It’s going ok. I do all of the testing and chemicals. I think in the first 3 weeks I tested chlorine twice a day. Right now I’m not testing it enough. It’s a little to easy to just assume the SWG has me covered. Everything but CYA is easy and I hate that test. I know how much I’ve added and what level it should be at but I can’t get the test to match.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Everything but CYA is easy and I hate that test.
ME TOO!!!!

I know how much I’ve added and what level it should be at but I can’t get the test to match.
Don't even try to make it match.........I know but it is just not worth the brain space to do so.

The best you can do is GLANCE to find the googly eye. Pour from line to line. Pour to 100, GLANCE in. If you can still see the googly eye the pour to80. Keep pouring and GLANCING until you get to a line you can't see the googly eye at a GLANCE. If you go looking for it then you will see it. just a quick GLANCE then look away. This is the only way I have kept my sanity with this test.

Reactions: RHanna and Apsuhead
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.