Fiberglass pool-Slippery Steps

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
My fiberglass pool has four steps along the entire width at one end. They do have a slight texture to them but I have to say not enough to make me feel very secure as I've slipped a few times! I feel like an old lady walking in so cautiously, holding on to the handrail as if my life depends on it (yeah, I know it actually can!).
Is this a common problem with smooth fiberglass pools? Is there anything on the market meant to solve this problem?

well, I think I've figured out why I've slipped. The stairs aren't the widest things, and the rounded edge to the front of each step isn't textured like the back end is. I think I've been stepping in onto the front rounded edge and causing the slip. Big feet I guess, LOL. It still worries me enough that I'm now warning everyone to make sure they're stepping on the textured step and not too far forward. We'll see ....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.