gurjotsingh04

May 4, 2020
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I am almost positive we have stubborn fertilizer stains in my vinyl pool. They look like little iron spots all in the shallow end. I tried using vitamin c tablets but for some reason they made the stains darker and worse. I tried rubbing a chlorine tablet on it...again no results. Shocked the pool....no results. Any other suggestions??

If you rub a stain with vitamin C and it gets darker, that is typically copper, not iron. Have you been using any copper-based algaecides or sanitizers in your pool? Also, what type of pool surface is this? Can't help much unless you fill out your signature and give us more information to go on.

If you rub a stain with vitamin C and it gets darker, that is typically copper, not iron. Have you been using any copper-based algaecides or sanitizers in your pool? Also, what type of pool surface is this? Can't help much unless you fill out your signature and give us more information to go on.
Didnt use any copper based algaecides. Only things we used so far is a clarifier and cal hypo shock. I have a vinyl pool surface and all my chemicals are balanced. However I did use metal free from natural chemistry. I will try to get you a photo tomorrow.

Didnt use any copper based algaecides. Only things we used so far is a clarifier and cal hypo shock. I have a vinyl pool surface and all my chemicals are balanced. However I did use metal free from natural chemistry.
Do you have a heater? Your signature is empty. :) Heaters with a copper core can erode and leak copper into the water. Did you have a chance to try the dry acid yet?
Yea i have a copper core heater, but its like brand new and I never need to use any acids because i use tri chlor tablets that lower my ph anyways.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.