Fertilizer from wind in pool , need to be concerned ?

Jul 10, 2016
College Station
The lawn care guys fertilized my lawn last week, it was pretty windy and some fertilizer blew into pool.

The water testing looks good, but should I be concerned and take any preemptive measures ?

OP
OP
S
Jul 10, 2016
College Station
Please post numbers. Also, which test kit do you use?
Am using Taylor 2005. ( I know I should upgrade for better cc testing ). Water is clear and I can see a few of the smaller fertilizer granules at pool bottom, but not many.

FC 5.0
PH 7.6
CC 0 ( this hard to tell, could be 0.5 )
CA 150
AK 110
CYA 40

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
DFW, TX
If there is iron in it I agree. If not, then it will be fine. Keep your FC well above minimum, maybe just raise it to shock level for a day or two to oxidize the nutrients.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
You don't have a chlorine test that shows FC over 5ppm. I would suggest ordering this test from TFTestkits.net and it will bring your test kit up to the equivalent of the one we recommend.

See this --> TFTestkits.net

They are also having a sale on refills for any other reagent you're in need of at this time.

Yippee :flower:

needsajet

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
Sydney, NSW, Australia
+1 to everything above. If it were mine, I'd brush the bottom well, a few times, to hopefully dissolve the powder you can't see. Good chance there will be no problem, but getting spots of iron stain would peave me off too much to take a chance.