Hi! We sort of accidentally acquired an Intex EasySet pool for free from a town mailing list (it is one season old; the previous owner upgraded to a larger model). I’d like to know as much as possible about what I need to do before I buy stuff and set it up. My goal is for the pool to be simple to maintain and not for it to become a time-consuming hobby. My plan is based on my reading of the TFP Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools. Feedback on this plan (products, quantities, procedures, etc.) will be greatly appreciated!
- Pool hardware (this is what we got for free)
- Intex EasySet 12’x30” (I’m pretty sure I got all the parts)
- Intex Krystal Clear filter pump model 603
- Pool Debris Cover (“fits 13ft diameter Easy Set pools” but the box is marked 12.3 ft)
- On a patio. Slope is 1.5” over 12’.
- Ground cloth: Undetermined. Our patio is pretty smooth but there are shallow creases between the stones. I’m not sure if I need anything. I plan to browse Home Depot to see what looks reasonable.
- I’ll follow the setup instructions in the manual.
- Chemicals & test kit. Prices are all from Amazon a few minutes ago.
- Taylor K-1000 Basic Residential Pool & Spa Test Kit, $10
- CYA: Robelle 2604B Stabilizer for Swimming Pools, 4 lb, $20
- pH reducer: Acid Blue Muriatic Acid - Swimming Pool pH Reducer Balancer | Buffered, Low-Fume - 1 Gallon, $35
- pH increaser: 20 Mule Team Borax Natural Laundry Booster 65 Ounce pack of 2, $14
- Chlorine: Clorox Disinfecting Bleach, Concentrated Formula, Regular - 43 Ounce Bottle, $4
- Pump filters: Intex Type A Filter Cartridge for Pools, Twin Pack, $17 ($8.50/filter)
- Water setup procedure
- Fill the pool. It holds 1,485 gallons.
- Add 8.9 oz CYA, dissolved in a bucket of water.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Test pH level, and using the PoolMath calculator, and adjust the level to be between 7.2-7.8 using the pH reducer or increaser.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Test Free Chlorine level, and adjust to 4ppm using the bleach.
- Daily: Test and adjust pH and Free Chlorine level as above.
- Bi-weekly: Change pump filter.