Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I have a port in my pool for a pressure side cleaner, but want to use it for a suction cleaner that's taking up one of my skimmers. The first picture was taken before I replumbed the piping after the filter to exclude the cleaner line and associated 3 way valve. So right now that 1.5" line is capped off. I have three ideas of what I want to do. Option "A" is the quickest, cheapest, and requires little to no digging up, but just not sure how that will work out teeing into an existing skimmer line. I have 4 drains and each of the two existing suction legs is plumbed to a skimmer, and two of the main drains.

Obviously B or C is ideal, but will require 3 50 dollar jandy valves and a ton of digging to make it right. B is using a PVC cross which is a little hard to find in a 2" flavor, and C is using elbows and tees.

Attachments

• current.jpg
    current.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 24
  • proposed.jpg
    proposed.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 23
You don’t think I would have an issue with too many elbow on the cleaner line, or teeing the 1.5 into the existing 2”?

Dig down on the line (or use a think wire or rod) to see how far it goes down to see if it's stabable

In the grand scheme of things elbows don't really matter, it's the same as just adding footage on to your system.

I like easy simple fixes

I ended up going with A. Thanks for the advice, because when I dug down a bit to get flex in the lines, I discovered they go pretty deep before elbowing over. Digging everything up and replumbing would have a been a lot more labor intensive than I though.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.