Feedback on Borderlines, adhesive tile borders

May 4, 2015
Waterloo, Ontario
Sorry to bring this back from the dead...I was going to create a new post but figured this would be better.

I have been looking at this as well. My pool liner is old and faded, especially on the border. We will likely put in a new liner but hate to do it only because of aesthetics. (wife thinks otherwise) lol
The liner itself is fine no rips or leaks but 15 years old, thinking this might buy me 3-5 years and less complaints. Just wanted to get some more feedback for people that installed this and how it held up over the years.

How is the quality of the vinyl ? Have you had to patch or repair the boarder over the years ?

Appreciate the feedback

Dirt dog, I don't have any experience with those borders, but had strongly considered doing something similar. Your experience may be different, but I did find that within about a season of the waterline fading, other fading followed quickly...and like you, I was on year 15.

I ended up swapping out the liner and it was kinda awesome to have what feels like a brand new pool. Also, unbeknownst to me, there actually HAD been a few small leaks...right behind where the side ladder feet rub against the wall. My walls are composite, so ths hadn't caused any wall damage, but its a consideration for doing a changeover if you have steel walls, and worth checking behind the ladder feet if you elect to do the border instead of a new liner for the moment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.