FC use daily: South Texas/hot climates chime in!

djdonte

Mar 25, 2019
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
This is my first summer using TFP method. What are you guys using as far as FC every day? I was using 4-6 a day with a CYA of 30ish. I ran pucks for maybe a week and a half and I think I’m around 40 now. I test every day and add 10 percent bleach which I am certain is potent and stored correctly. I lose 4FC pretty consistently, maybe 3 if the weather was bad but never 1 or 2 like some people brag about. This comes out to about half a gallon of 10 percent a day to keep FC at 4.

Water is clear no algae since my last successful slam a month and a half ago. CC is always 0.5 or 0. pH good as well. Should I try to bump up CYA to 50 or is 4 pretty typical use for my climate? Due to the house on one side and trees on the other the pool doesn’t get direct sun ALL day but for sure during the hottest parts.

My pool eats about 2.5-3.5 ppm of FC each day. I test and replenish with regular bleach each evening. My pool gets 100% full sun all day, and the water temp just crossed into the 90s. My CYA is currently at 40, but for summer I go up to the 50-60 range. At the same time, I am careful to increase the FC to the new target range as listed on the FC/CYA Levels.

Thanks for the feedback... sounds like I am on par for the region/weather. I suppose I won’t mess with my CYA so I won’t have to raise my min FC requirements.

Now that we are having our typical high 90 degree sunny days I am using 4-5FC pretty much every day. I am going to run my chlorinator for a week or so to bump up the CYA a bit. I was fine with 4FC as it comes out to half a gallon bottle of 10 percent per day, using 5 FC is getting annoying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.