jake556

Nov 13, 2020
AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This will be my first summer owning a pool. Im currently at 50 CYA and was wondering if my range of FC is 6-8 based off the chart and from what I read the FC loss in AZ can be from 4-5 per day what should be the target FC to dose for 11? To try and stay above the minimum of 5. Maybe it’s obvious just wanted to ask. Thanks

You shouldn’t need to go above 8. If you put in 8 and test the next day and it’s below 4, you should bump your CYA up by 10ppm and follow the new numbers.

Going above target range is safe but will result in a lot more chlorine use. The higher it is, the faster it burns off to the sun.

So Im currently sitting at 50 CYA and I went from a 8 FC to a 3.5 in 24hrs. Like mentioned above should I raise my CYA to 60 for the summer?

When did you last test your CYA? In our summer, with elevated water temperatures, you will lose 10 ppm or so of CYA per month.

Reactions: jake556
Ill check it again, did a test last week and it was 100% CYA 50
That's fine. Will not change that fast. Just be sure to test CYA once a month.
A CYA of 60 can help, but a 4+ FC loss per day is not unusual in our climate. Add in pool use and it can be higher on some days. I would just bump up your target level FC by 1 or 2 ppm and see how it goes.

Reactions: jake556
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.