FC Level with Taylor K-1000 test kit

joemkraus

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2019
Saratoga, CA
right now my CYA level is low enough (30) my FC should be round 4. However, as cya gets higher (sometimes I have to use pucks when I am gone), you need a higher level of FC. The
Taylor K-1000 only goes to "5". How does one measure beyond that? dilution to a certain level? I really did not want to use the TF 100 every time to test

The K1000 OTO test is to see if you have chlorine in the water. It is not viable to use for an accurate measure.
Do the FAS-DPD test.

OK, so I must be mixing up the terminology. I though the FAS-DPD test was the K1000, no? so is the FAS-DPD test the power and drops test in the TF100Kit? I was trying to avoid that harder test, but just once a week or so.

The FAS-DPD is the powder and drops. That is how you test for FC. The OTO test is TC and not accurate.

You may find you can correlate the color of the OTO with your FAS-DPD results. Do both for awhile and calibrate your eyes. But never rely on the OTO for major chemistry adjustments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.