Raleigh NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We've converted to a SWG about a month ago and CYA is 50. I'm holding off a few more weeks until increasing CYA to 70-80 at the end of pollen season, spring rains and frequent back washing. I've been targeting about 5-5-1/2 for FC level now, but I'm wondering if my target level could actually be lower. What do you think?

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
We've converted to a SWG about a month ago and CYA is 50. I'm holding off a few more weeks until increasing CYA to 70-80 at the end of pollen season, spring rains and frequent back washing. I've been targeting about 5-5-1/2 for FC level now, but I'm wondering if my target level could actually be lower. What do you think?
I am no expert and I have a SW pool. I don't know where you live, but if your water gets up to 88-90, I Personally, do not let my FC drop below 5. I have found over the years that if you get busy and forget to check or something happens, you have a little wiggle room....just my .10

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread