FC level high from SLAM, need to install new SWG cell. Okay to install now wait for FC level to drop?

Bbp

Jun 3, 2016
md
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Just finished SLAM, FC level is 15. I need to install a new swg cell. Should I wait for levels to come down or install now? I won't have a chance until this evening, so level will be lower.

Thanks

BB,

Can you post your most recent complete set of test results? You mention Bioguard in your signature. Are you still using this? I agree with PoolGate you can add the cell with no problems. If you SLAM after you install we recommend you turn off the SWG while SLAMing but that's to help you figure out how much chlorine is being consumed not to protect the SWG.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Yes, I haven't changed anything except adding the Intelliflo. This morning when I tested FC it was at 15 which was down from 16 last night. I just tested again and it's down to 7.5 in only about 5 hours. Water looks perfect.

Here are the tests I just ran

TA 120
CYA 40
CC 0
FC 7.5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.