FC and CC

TamithaSue50

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
So last night I tested my FC and CC and my CC was .5 and tonight it's 1. I know it's supposed to be .5 but can it be 1 and there not be any problems or does it mean he it's anything over .5 there's a problem?

frogabog

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2010
Portland, Oregon
With 1ppm CC there could be a problem, yes. Your Pool Math logs are hit and miss, it looks like you saw the 1ppm CC 3 days ago as well, but the last test result before that was 21 days ago. Are you falling under your minimum a lot?

You can do an OCLT tonight to see if you lose 1ppm or more which will tell you if you need to SLAM or not.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Sue,

I would not worry about a one time reading of 1 ppm.. If you keep getting a reading 1 or higher, then I would take actions to see what is going on..

Thanks,

Jim R.

TamithaSue50

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
Okay so I checked them both again this morning and they are both still the same so I didn't lose anything over night but the CC is still reading 1 but I guess since I didn't lose any overnight that it's okay right?

Msch99

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Verona, MO
Tamitha
We have a tree that shades about 1/3 or so, always dropping acorns, leaves, pollen etc. Not unusual for us to have 1 or 1.5 cc, particularly if pool heavy use and uncovered. Much better though since we purchased a robot to do the heavy lifting when cleaning the floor!

TamithaSue50

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
Tamitha
We have a tree that shades about 1/3 or so, always dropping acorns, leaves, pollen etc. Not unusual for us to have 1 or 1.5 cc, particularly if pool heavy use and uncovered. Much better though since we purchased a robot to do the heavy lifting when cleaning the floor!
I have trees around mine too. Sadly only get about 2 hours of sun a day on mine. But next spring I'm hoping to have the money to get them cut down.