False TA reading... help!!!

Lis010

Feb 25, 2018
Houston, TX
Hi!

I have a brand new IG pebble pool and spa. ‘ just past the 1st month mark. My pool readings show everything within range except TA.
I must’ve had a false TA reading of 120; before that it wa at 180: now it’s at 170. My question is, how often should I be adding MA to lower the pH to the recommended 7.0-7.2 range to help drop the TA??? Or would that just depend on the time it takes for aeration to raise the pH back up?

It will be as fast as your pool works to get the PH back up and how often you are able to work on it. The TA is the last thing we work on so if it take a couple/few days that is okay. Take your time and don't worry too much. It will happen. When it does you will work to find what YOUR pool likes it's TA at. Some like a TA of 80 some but some like it at 50. Find where your PH is most stable and go from there.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.