john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So, just wondering what most of you guys have experienced with extremely heavy rains and your PH level? I know most rain water is quite acidic, but I'm thinking (more hoping at this point) that maybe the heavy rain will help aerate the water and raise the PH a bit?

I'm in the process of lowering the PH currently, and added some acid last night to bring my ph level down to 6.8-7.0. Aerating with a shop vac, slide, and returns pointed up currently, but just wanted to see if the rain may help me out!

Thanks!

Why are you so aggressively dropping your pH? Normal operations should not need the pH lowered below 7.5 or 7.6.

Why are you so aggressively dropping your pH? Normal operations should not need the pH lowered below 7.5 or 7.6.
To lower the TA. I plan on aerating to bring the PH back up to around 7.6, adding acid to drop back to 7.0-7.2, then repeating the cycle until I can get the TA in the range that works best for my pool.

Sorry I didn't state that earlier.

No reason to aggressively lower the TA in your situation. You have a vinyl pool. Your CH is fine so no scale issues.

Just be ware that low pH is the largest threat to the longevity of your liner. Please do not lower your ph so much.

No reason to aggressively lower the TA in your situation. You have a vinyl pool. Your CH is fine so no scale issues.

Just be ware that low pH is the largest threat to the longevity of your liner. Please do not lower your ph so much.
Got it, thanks! What would you reccomend as a good minimum pH level when adding acid?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.