Extension Cords and Robots

First of all, I LOVE our new Proteus DX5i Robot.

I want to place the control module (on stand) a little closer to the pool and away from the equipment stand where the outlet is. Would there be an issue if I used a short 10' extension cord from the plug to the control module? I read somewhere that you can't due to some internal "sensing" in the cord that controls the 2-hour automatic run-time. Thanks in advance.

Have never heard that. But - you do not want an extension cord that would allow the control module to reach the pool.

Extension cords can also be trip hazards. So be aware of that.

Gladius,

The main reason that the manufacturer does not want you to use an extension cord, is to prevent the stupid from doing stupid things.. :) They are afraid that some idiot will place the power supply right next to the pool and the robot will drag it into the water.

Adding a short extension cord will not keep the unit from working.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you have a place where you can permanently mount the controller with zero chance of it getting pulled into the pool, then an extension cord is not an issue.
The robot runs on LV so there’s no shock hazard, but the controller is powered by 110.

Reactions: Gladius Nova
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.