Experiences with SWGs other than Hayward's Aqua Rite

George in Georgia

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2010
Jonesboro, GA
I've just repaired the main circuit board on my Aqua-Rite SWG for the second time with absolutely no technical help from Hayward. Do any members have experiences with other makers they'd be willing to share? If I switch makers at some point I'd naturally perfer one with a cell which would directly replace the Aqua-Rite without plumbing changes. Many thanks!
Edit: I forgot to add that the first repair was really helped by you good folks!

Last edited:
One of the reasons I like the Pentair Intellichlor is that you replace all the electronics when you replace the cell. But then the cell replacements cost more than the Aquarite because you replace the electronics with the cell.

There are pros and cons of the Intellichlor versus the Aquarite. The Aquarite gives you more diagnostic information. But then the Intellichlor seems to have less problems that you don't need diagnostic information for.

Weak point of the Intellichlor seems to be the flow switch/thermistor assembly and those are easily replaceable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.