Existing Deck... where to plant the AGP?

Fatherholyholy

Jul 12, 2019
PNW
I've searched the forum for this but I'm not having luck here or on the search engines. We have an Intex XTR 24x12 above ground pool that we've got setup but before adding water, wonder where the best location would be in relation to the existing deck(deck runs the entire 24' length of the pool). We have no idea how much the sides will flex or expand, therefore, I bring my question to those with experience with this. The top rail of the pool is about even with the deck in height so we're worried if we get it too close, it'll push the support legs against the deck and bend them. Anyone have an idea?

I should've waited to add the deck extention... I know that now. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Lets see:IMG_4120[1].JPGIMG_4122[1].JPGIMG_4123[1].JPG

I originally wanted the top of the pool to come in just under the bottom lip of the deck. Unfortunately due to a septic pipe strike, we could not take the pool any lower. That was also the reason for moving the pool out further and extending the deck.

If I had to guess from the floating corners, the upper rails flex with water movement and having one right up against the vertical fascia board would be a bad idea? I did find a diagram (see thumbnails) on this site which leads me to the next question: we have 24'x12' of styrofoam insulation under the pool now. Will the bottom of the liner actually stretch to cover the entire 24x12' pad as the diagram would leave me to believe?

(we will be planting the pavers and pier blocks after we settle on where the pool needs to end up)

Last edited:
I have heard they do move when the kids get to rocking and rolling. I am not sure how much though...........When you do a search use the letter G to get the "good search" results. This is what I got when I did a search Google search results See if any of these help you with your decision. I am also hoping you can find a fairly current person to ask how much theirs move.

PLEASE make sure to let me know if you can't find any help from one of them!!

No luck yet and I'm going to fill today or the kids are going to make me sleep in it.

I did have another idea. Could anyone with this size pool measure the outside diameter of the corner while the pool is full? Or does anyone know if the corners are still fully inserted into the frame tube when the pool is full and only extend out when there's wave movement?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.