Excavating problems.. who is responsible?

Beachgirl79

Feb 18, 2020
New jersey
My PB had pool excavated days before kit deliver. Pool sat several days between wall assembly and inspections. We kept getting bumbed for other jobs too. During the past two weeks we have had monsoon rain causing pool walls to sink in and cave in many areas. What used to be a 7 foot perfectly excavated pool has turned into what looks like a 5 foot mud puddle.

Pb says we need to get excavator back in to redig and reshape pool and fill with rock bed. This is costing an additional $1500. He offered to split cost with us but I feel like it's not my responsibility as he managed his construction timeline and didnt work here on several very beautiful days high 90 and no rain.

Thoughts or experience on this?? Also we did not hit ground water this is due to rain only.

My PB pumped out and re-dug twice because of rains and scheduling. Didn’t cost me a dime.

They dug it, it rained and wrecked it. They pumped it out, let it dry and their excavator came and cleaned up the hole. It sat for a week and rain wrecked it again. They came and pumped it out. It dried and the excavator cleaned it up again. Then they set the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.