Equipment Help for New Pool Semi-inground.

GTRbizzle

May 16, 2020
Chicago IL
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a Doughboy oval 16ftx28ft 52” wall pool on order and I’m trying to piece together proper filter and pump combo for it. We will be installing the pool roughly 36” in the ground so it can match the height of our deck. Planning to follow the proper installation directions to have the concrete slurry backfill and I’m also planning to put the roofers tar on the outside before the slurry goes in.

My dilemma right now is to find a proper filter and pump combo. The salesman was pushing Hayward xStream 150 cartridge filter and 1.5hp pump, but from what I’ve researched so far I should be looking at an inground pump and filter so it all works properly. I don’t believe that the above ground pump has the ability to prime and that might cause an issue since the pump will be at about same level as the bottom of the skimmer. Would this be correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.