Endless Pool owner in Virginia -- need to learn about CYA

Susan Tyler

Jul 26, 2020
Covesville, VA
I have happily been swimming in my endless pool for about 13 months now. Just this week a tech came to service the cover lifters and did a test -- first time I have ever heard of cyanuric acid. He said level was way too high, and that explained why for the last month or so chlorine and pH have been consistently low every time I test them, despite adding chlorine granules and pH increaser every week. I am trying to learn more about cyanuric acid and what to do. I am building a deck around the spa and it's beastly hot and dry right now, so I do not plan to empty the water until the fall. Meanwhile, what is best to do? Add CYA decreaser, replace some of the water but not all, live with it? Those seem to be my three solutions right now. Hoping to learn more about natural water conditioning through this forum.

really nothing but time /splash out / water change will decrease CYA. the chlorine granules (and what is in the granules?)some have cya in them vs just using liquid chlorine if you read / take advice of most here you will be in charge of pool water balance so first thing a good test kit like a tf100 will be in order if you look at bottom of post you see a signature with our pool info that helps let forum help you ! im not good with links but you will get help from those in prev post

I have happily been swimming in my endless pool for about 13 months now. Just this week a tech came to service the cover lifters and did a test -- first time I have ever heard of cyanuric acid. He said level was way too high, and that explained why for the last month or so chlorine and pH have been consistently low every time I test them, despite adding chlorine granules and pH increaser every week. I am trying to learn more about cyanuric acid and what to do. I am building a deck around the spa and it's beastly hot and dry right now, so I do not plan to empty the water until the fall. Meanwhile, what is best to do? Add CYA decreaser, replace some of the water but not all, live with it? Those seem to be my three solutions right now. Hoping to learn more about natural water conditioning through this forum.

You really need to get one of the recommended test kits, the TF-100 or K2006-C, to get accurate levels in your pool. Then you can post your results, and the experts here can help. Until then, you should use Pool Math to add 5 ppm liquid chlorine per day. High CYA doesn't make PH low, BTW. But if you're using trichlor pucks or dichlor powder, they will increase CYA and decrease PH.

Hi, I just saw this forum 6 months after your post. I hope you solved your issue regarding the CYA in your endless pool. We have an Indoor Endless pool for about 5 years now and I can share how we got to manage some of the issues we found as well.
regards,
JB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.