Electric installation for above ground pool

Sos219

Jul 1, 2022
Cheektowaga NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi,
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the above ground pool forum. We just put a 24' round above ground pool in today. We're wondering if when installing the electrical line for the filter for an above ground pool, if we'd be allowed to run the wire through a conduit under a deck without burying it?

It's not the pool deck it's a preexisting deck by our house that is about 1' off the ground the sides are closed in with lattice.

I should add I'm in New York I don't know if different states have different laws about pools
We called all 3 inspectors our town will allow us to go though but we got no answers with 2 of them and the other guy is retired I guess.

Should be perfectly fine, I have flexible conduit attached to the underside of my deck which is run to a 4x4 post mount with receptacles that is also under the deck. I also have the gas line attached to the underside of my deck. Both installed by trade and inspected.

One thing to keep in mind is your equipment pad distance from the deck structure. There are rules regarding minimum clearance between pool wall and receptacle location. Your pump will have a 3ft power cord so the receptacle will need to be in reach. Also, you might want to consider adding a couple of extra receptacles for future accessories.

Hi,
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the above ground pool forum. We just put a 24' round above ground pool in today. We're wondering if when installing the electrical line for the filter for an above ground pool, if we'd be allowed to run the wire through a conduit under a deck without burying it?

It's not the pool deck it's a preexisting deck by our house that is about 1' off the ground the sides are closed in with lattice.

I should add I'm in New York I don't know if different states have different laws about pools
We called all 3 inspectors our town will allow us to go though but we got no answers with 2 of them and the other guy is retired I guess.
Is the deck ground level or can you get under it? If you can get under it you can run it through conduit hung on the side of joists or through holes drilled through them. If you go 2” you should comply with pretty much any code but maybe check on the requirement. If it’s a ground level deck it will have to be in conduit that rodents can’t chew through. They will likely want it in metal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.