Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have been running our pump probably more than we need to, but I'd rather err on the side of keeping things filtered and clean.

We have a IntelliFlo VSF 3.95 hp pump and a 10,000 gallon pool. What would you suggest I run in regards to timing of schedule and flow rate (RPM/GPM)?

Is there anything else I'm missing that could impact our electric bill?

You run your pump primarily for two reasons. One is to create your chlorine (if you have a SWCG) or to distribute your chemical additions. You do not show a SWCG, so when you add your liquid chlorine each day you should run the pump for 30-60 minutes after. The second reason is to skim the surface to your liking. You can adjust your RPM down to the level that skims and the length of time based on your desires.

Reactions: Sotex
Sotex we have very similar pools. I run my pump 3 times per day for 1.5 hours each time @ 1800rpm. I also have my Stenner pump dump chlorine at those same times for 15 minutes each. Twice per day during one of the cycles my pressure cleaner comes on and does it's job. As mentioned above run time is for chemical dilution and to skim pool based on time of year and amount of debris falling into pool. I guesstimate my pool cost $7 / month to run like that based on 9cents/kw. Your ET8 will tell you how many watts your are using at your present setting and you can then figure cost based on electricity cost.

Sotex we have very similar pools. I run my pump 3 times per day for 1.5 hours each time @ 1800rpm. I also have my Stenner pump dump chlorine at those same times for 15 minutes each. Twice per day during one of the cycles my pressure cleaner comes on and does it's job. As mentioned above run time is for chemical dilution and to skim pool based on time of year and amount of debris falling into pool. I guesstimate my pool cost $7 / month to run like that based on 9cents/kw. Your ET8 will tell you how many watts your are using at your present setting and you can then figure cost based on electricity cost.

At 1800 RPM, that's 358 watts for me.

Sotex,

If you are running at 1800 RPM most of the time, then the IntelliFlo is not why your electric bill has gone up... I run mine at 1200 most of the time and 24/7, for less that $20 bucks a month..

Something else is causing your bill to go up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sotex,

If you are running at 1800 RPM most of the time, then the IntelliFlo is not why your electric bill has gone up... I run mine at 1200 most of the time and 24/7, for less that $20 bucks a month..

Something else is causing your bill to go up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What I meant is I JUST changed the pump setting to that. It was running over 3000 RPM previously.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.