Edge vs Universal vs Other?

Jul 18, 2017
Smyrna, GA
Like everyone else it seems, I'm over the attempting to find the high-priced chlorine all the time, so I've decided to go salt. I was hesitant a while back hearing about some issues on commercial pools in buildings I was working on, where after going to salt they were having to replace the heaters every 6 months. But I now realize that was likely something else.

I am trying to decide which unit to go with. I have no automation (mechanical timers), and regardless there will be a significant amount of plumbing rework. So neither of those really factor in to my decision. Power will be 240v off of the timer. Pool is ~23,000 gallons, so looking at possible a 40k unit. I will be doing the install.

I was looking primarily between the Circupool Edge 40 and the Universal 40. The Univeral seems to produce a bit more chlorine, but the Edge has a better warranty (if that matters). Or is the RJ-45 worth the ~30% addtional cost.

Alternatively, there would either be the Hayward (T-15 I think?) or the Intellichlor IC40. My neighbor is happy with his IC40, but those don't seem as DIY friendly.

Thanks

I had the same debate and went with Universal line which just seemed the best bang for the buck. If the rj really has twice the lifespan I made the wrong call but I was skeptical.

Ultimately I think they all make chlorine so don’t stress it too much

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.