Ecofinish Startup - Chem Help

bgt0990

Mar 18, 2019
Palm Coast, FL
I just had my small fiberglass pool refinished with Ecofinish Aquabright (Pacific Blue). I am just filling this and I wish to get started right so I came to ask the experts. I don't care for pool supplier products much and have cared for my pools successfully (I think) using TFP methods. With the refurb I now have a SWG which is new to me. The instructions on Ecofinish site says to use McGrayels StartupTec which I am not familiar with and I can't get in less than a week, the pool refinisher said to use Jack's Magenta every week which I am willing to do if you guys think it's appropriate?
Instructions say to balance the chems before starting the pool system, does that mean I should use chlorine, Soda Ash, Acid, CYA before even starting to add Salt and turning on the SWG?
Sorry for the longish post but I am a bit confused on how to proceed and the pool is filling NOW.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
I would think Ecofinish would be treated the same as a vinyl liner. See Recommended Levels
The sequestrant stuff is if you have iron in your fill water. Do you? Do you plan to maintain the sequestrant levels?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Theycallmesunny
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.