Ecofinish Startup - Chem Help

bgt0990

Mar 18, 2019
Palm Coast, FL
I just had my small fiberglass pool refinished with Ecofinish Aquabright (Pacific Blue). I am just filling this and I wish to get started right so I came to ask the experts. I don't care for pool supplier products much and have cared for my pools successfully (I think) using TFP methods. With the refurb I now have a SWG which is new to me. The instructions on Ecofinish site says to use McGrayels StartupTec which I am not familiar with and I can't get in less than a week, the pool refinisher said to use Jack's Magenta every week which I am willing to do if you guys think it's appropriate?
Instructions say to balance the chems before starting the pool system, does that mean I should use chlorine, Soda Ash, Acid, CYA before even starting to add Salt and turning on the SWG?
Sorry for the longish post but I am a bit confused on how to proceed and the pool is filling NOW.
Thanks

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welcome to the forum!
I would think Ecofinish would be treated the same as a vinyl liner. See Recommended Levels
The sequestrant stuff is if you have iron in your fill water. Do you? Do you plan to maintain the sequestrant levels?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.