Moundridge, Kansas
Here's my numbers at sunset:
CYA = 40
FC = 16
CC = 1.5
PH = 8 (or more)
TA = 250

Here's the problem:
Water is as crystal clear. But when I sweep there's the faintest "puff" of green, just like a little dust that swirls around the vacuum end. And I can't get rid of it. For 4 days I've been trying to SLAM the pool and it seems I can't really tell a change. I say "trying" because I can't check the pool every 2 hours, but I have been checking 4-5 times a day (morning, noon, once mid-afternoon, 5 pm and sunset. The first two days I noticed some settlement on the floor of the pool around the edges or on the wrinkles in the vinyl floor. Now I can see just a little - very little but am stalled. I'm looking for clues. I overdose by a couple points. Over the weekend when I was able to check throughout the day I was amazed how much chlorine was disappearing: we've been using right at a gallon of 10% per day. That calculates to 14 ppm usage per day on my pool, if I do the math right. I have not worried about the PH because of the vinyl pool. I vacuum several times a day - but not to waste - in my pool it means I refill every couple days if I vacuum to waste; we have some iron in our water filling seems to start some of that process over each time (very brown backwash water a couple times per week). It's been several days since my last overnight loss test - I was at 1.5 then.

Do I need patience?
Am I missing something obvious? I've done 2 CYA tests because I thought that was most suspect error - both times I can still see the dot till about the 35 mark so I round it to 40.

It typically seems to mean that there’s a bunch of algae hiding somewhere like ladder, steps, light niches, skimmer throat / wier door, folds of a liner, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.