Easytouch Wiring Questions

bobafet1

May 14, 2020
Fontana, CA
I'm wiring up my Easytouch and had a few questions please:
1. Why are GFCI breakers used for the pumps?
2. I have an Intelliflo VS and Booster pump. Can I run them on the same breaker or should they have their own?
3. Do I need a GFCI breaker for my pool lights or can I route them through a GFCI outlet to cut on cost?

I've tried to research most everything else and I'm mostly done with my install. But, these few questions are holding me back from finishing up.

Any info is appreciated.

1. No reason I can think of.
2. Each 240v pump should have its own breaker.
3. As long as there's a GFCI in there, it doesn't matter, but do your lights really have power plugs that go into an outlet rather than wires that feed to a breaker?

1. No reason I can think of.
2. Each 240v pump should have its own breaker.
3. As long as there's a GFCI in there, it doesn't matter, but do your lights really have power plugs that go into an outlet rather than wires that feed to a breaker?
My lights run off a transformer that’s sent to a relay. But now that I think of it if I throw a gfci outlet in the middle then it’ll be a waste of an outlet if it’s only on when the relay allows it to be. Thanks for raising that question

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.