Easytouch moron

iain42

Oct 16, 2016
Little Rock AR
Ok so I am in IT and I can build large scale networks and wifi systems from scratch. Yet I am brought to my knees by a primitive looking pentair easytouch ps4. Just when I think I got it it teaches me a lesson. I don't even wanna do that much.

Feasture Circuits
1. High Speed
2. Cleaner

1. Pool \ Pump: scheduled
2. Lights: egg timer set
3. Plugin: ? Just an auxillary power plug on the pole I want to use for a ring cam spot light. Instead it is stuck on egg timer. I can't find where it is set so can't turn it off yet it is only on for a few hours. Is it only on when pump or pool is running... Just guessing
4. Empty or to be valve.

I was trying to change Pluigin so it is on 24/7 but in the process I managed to delete HighSpeed and Cleaner names. Tried to rename them.... I think I got it.....

Any advice greatly appreciated...

I'm not sure what I am missing here. It shouldn't be rocket science as I have:
Settings
Circuit Functions
Circuit Names
Schedules

Is there a dummies guide to the ps4????? Any idea what concept I might be missing here. lol...

Are you using ScreenLogic? What interface are you using?

A system like the ET makes IT folks appreciate good UI design. Something that Pentair has yet to master.

@Jimrahbe should be along shortly to help.

Are you using ScreenLogic? What interface are you using?

A system like the ET makes IT folks appreciate good UI design. Something that Pentair has yet to master.

@Jimrahbe should be along shortly to help.

I'm using the monkey buttons on the screen. I haven't done screenlogic or screenlogic2. That is on my todo list for this year. This year I am adding pool cleaning robot, backyard shed, and screenlogic2.

Iain,

Whenever possible leave the circuit function set to generic... Except of LED color lights..

Do you have ScreenLogic? If not you are making any easy job hard.

I am not sure what you mean by "Plugin".. If you just want an outlet mounted to a pole, all you need to do is run the 120 VAC through one of your Aux circuit relays. And then outlet will only get power when you turn on the aux circuit.. You can schedule it to come on and go off at specific times or when you push a button to turn it on.

Every circuit is on a default 12 hour egg-timer.. If you want it to run 24/7 you have to set the egg-timer to "Don't stop". Keep in mind that you only have a max of 12 schedule/programs.. Egg-timers not at the default of 12 hours count as a schedule/program.

If you change the pump type.. Like from VS to VSF, it will wipe out all the speeds.

Do you have a suction cleaner or pressure side cleaner?

If you tell me what you want to do, one item at a time, I'll tell you how to program it. I am not sure I completely followed your original post as it kind of ping-ponged around... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

• Love
Reactions: iain42
No screenlogic... Yet.
The guy who initially programmed the PS4 named some items and configured the system.
The external plugin on the utility pole he named plugin.
He also named FCircuit1 HIGHSPEED and FCircuit2 CLEANER.
I somehow erased custom names HIGHSPEED, CLEANER, and PLUGIN trying to change a setting for PLUGIN.

FIrst button is FilterPump. Appears perfect.
Aux1 Lights on eggtimer. Perfect.
Aux2 Plugin. No option for "Don't Stop" Max Exceeded if I try to change.

I can only have four schedules. I can't believe it has a limit of schedules. Is this a computer or an acabus.

1. Spa takes up one... Why is Spa setup? Is it doing anything? My pool guy wouldn't have set it up for nothing or did he.

2. Pool schedule is good.

3. Aux1 lights Eggtimer is good.

4. FCircuit1 schedule is good.

Any advice appreciated.

Iain,

Sounds to me like you have a PL4 or PSL4.. The "L" stands for lite.. Unfortunately, it tastes like lite salad dressing and there is little you can do to make it taste better.

Does your EasyTouch have a load center with all your circuit breakers in the same enclosure with the buttons??

The only option is to decide what you want to schedule.

Unless you want the spa to run as as a spa, on a set schedule, I can't think of why you would need a schedule. Just turn the spa on and off with the mode button, when you want to use it. That would free up a schedule/egg timer for your outlet.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Iain,

Sounds to me like you have a PL4 or PSL4.. The "L" stands for lite.. Unfortunately, it tastes like lite salad dressing and there is little you can do to make it taste better.
Amen!!!! Preach it!!!

Does your EasyTouch have a load center with all your circuit breakers in the same enclosure with the buttons??

It does have 4 breaker switches but I also have a separate breaker service box with heat pump and devices on it.

The only option is to decide what you want to schedule.

Unless you want the spa to run as as a spa, on a set schedule, I can't think of why you would need a schedule. Just turn the spa on and off with the mode button, when you want to use it. That would free up a schedule/egg timer for your outlet.
I don't have a spa!!! What could it have controlled? Anything I need to double check?

Thank you for checking out my issues.

If your enclosure has breakers in it, it can't be an ET lite.. This means you should have 12 schedules..

Please post a pic of your ET with the main door open showing all the buttons.

I think maybe you have a bunch of egg-timers set.. I'd double check and see what is not set to the default of 12 hours..

If you don't have a spa, then it makes almost zero sense to schedule it.. that said, you can trick the system into moving a valve by going into the spa mode, but you would only use that trick if you already had used the two user programmable valve that come with the stock ET..

Thanks,

Jim R.

IMG_8931.jpg
Interesting that SPA is not setup here. This was as he was programming the ET. After some research it seems I misspoke. I thought the switches in the upper right were breakers. I'll remove the SPA but I still don't see Don't Stop as an option. I checked again this morning.

thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 128153
Interesting that SPA is not setup here. This was as he was programming the ET. After some research it seems I misspoke. I thought the switches in the upper right were breakers. I'll remove the SPA but I still don't see Don't Stop as an option. I checked again this morning.

thanks

Those switches on the upper right are circuit breakers for low voltage electronics, valves, and relays. Jim was asking about high voltage circuit breakers.

Iain,

Yes, that is a lite version of the EasyTouch. It has a max of 4 schedule/programs. I am surprised it did not come with ScreenLogic as they are mostly sold as a bundle..

The Spa will always show up as a circuit.. You just want to make sure it is not scheduled.

Also make sure that none of your Egg-timers are set to anything but the default of 12 hours. Why do you want an egg-timer for you pool light? Egg-timers are only used when you want to turn something on, and then let it run a specific amount of time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Iain,
Yes, that is a lite version of the EasyTouch. It has a max of 4 schedule/programs. I am surprised it did not come with ScreenLogic as they are mostly sold as a bundle..
I believe my pool builder bought them in bulk and was the minimum they provided.
When I add screen logic should add the newer screenlogic2?
This is what I am looking at..

The Spa will always show up as a circuit.. You just want to make sure it is not scheduled.
I will remove the schedule when I get home.

Also make sure that none of your Egg-timers are set to anything but the default of 12 hours. Why do you want an egg-timer for you pool light? Egg-timers are only used when you want to turn something on, and then let it run a specific amount of time.

Thanks,
Jim R.
I use the egg timer for the pool light because I don't use the lights often. When I do I just turn them on and five hours later they turn off. I actually like that.

I will make the changes this evening and see how that goes.

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.