Lousiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We have an EasyTouch 8 and are going to have 6 Globrite 12V LED lights in the pool.

As of now, I believe we are going to want 3 different light circuits to control different sections.

As I understand it, this means we need 3 relays dedicated to light circuits, and we need 3 120/12V transformers for the lights.

Are there any transformers that can be mounted inside the EasyTouch panel, or do we need external mount ones?

Or is it possible to control any of the lights directly from the panel without an extra transformer?

Any recommendations for transformers if I need separate ones?

As I understand it, this means we need 3 relays dedicated to light circuits, and we need 3 120/12V transformers for the lights.

You are correct!!

If you use 12 volt lights, you need external transformers.. One transformer for each light, or set of lights, that you want to independently control.

You can't really mount the transformers inside the EasyTouch, and the EasyTouch cannot power any external low voltage lights.

The transformers need to be pool rated...

See this link.. GloBrite (Scroll down to see the transformers)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Note that Pentair Globrites use a proprietary nice and don't have good long term reliability. Once you install the Globrites you are committed to replacing them every few years when they fail for a few hundred dollars. There is noting serviceable in the Globrites.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.