Easytouch and low voltage landscape lighting

Steve,

Find an unused Aux relay.. (Let's say aux 4)

Wire 120 volts to the Line side of the Aux 4 relay and connect the Load side to the landscape transformer.. You can hardwire it or use an external outlet if you want.

In Screenlogic set up Aux 4's Circuit name as as "Malibu lights" (or whatever you want to call it) Set circuit function to "Generic"..

Go to schedules and tell ScreenLogic when you want the "Malibu lights" circuit to come on and go off..

If this does not make sense, then post a pic of your EasyTouch showing the wiring below the control panel..

Thanks,

Jim R

Last edited:
Jim,
Well tomorrow has turned into later. I am now ready to wire. I would like to be able to cut the end off the wire from the transformer and hard-wire into the box. I have enclosed to photos of the box. If you could give me some guidance I would be grateful.

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 48
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 50
Maybe I can help. It looks like you have a external plug already in the box. You could hard wire that plug to Aux 4 and then just plug your low voltage transformer to the plug. Or you can hard wire your low voltage transformer to Aux 4. Either way will work and you can then set up schedules for your lights.

Steve,

Assuming that Aux 1 is for your pool light and is powered by your GFCI outlet in the lower right of your ET, then do this...

Edit... I am not sure that your outlet is a GFCI outlet or that it is wired correctly.. Do this first... Turn on your pool light. Push the test on the GFCI outlet and make sure the pool light goes out. If the light does not go out, or the outlet is not GFCI.. do not go any further before we fix this...

Add a jumper from Aux 1 line in (existing light power..) to Aux 2 line in..

The cable from the landscape box should have a ground, neutral, and hot lead...

Wire the hot lead to Aux 2 load

Wire the Neutral the GFCI outlet neutral

Wire the Ground to the ground bus.

Turing on Aux 2 should power your landscape lights...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.