EasyTouch 8 "V" Button

afyfe

Jun 2, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Hi all! We have a brand new pool and just had "pool school" this week. When the tech was walking us through the ET control panel, he demonstrated the use of the "V" button to activate our spa (pump, heater, valves, blower). After he left, we tested it out on the ScreenLogic app and the spa button/setting does in fact turn on all spa required items. The next day, my husband tried to use the "V" button since he does not have the app installed yet and the pump ramps up, the valves turn, and the heater starts, but the blower does not start. Any ideas why? The app control still works and will be how we use it 99% of the time, but I want it to work from the control panel, as well.

Thanks in advance!

A,

The "V" button just turns your pool from the Pool mode to the Spa mode or back...

The reason the pump changes speed is because you have a Speed set for the Spa Circuit.

The heater comes on because when you turn on the Spa Circuit there is a temperature set point for Spa that higher than the water temp...

I am not sure how your blower is set up, but on the surface I can't see a way that going into the spa mode would automatically turn on the blower.. :scratch:

The Blower is connected to an Aux relay and that relay would have to be turned on.. Normally the blower is not automatically turned on, it is something that is manually done. Look at the Aux buttons and see which one says "Blower"..

If you have ScreenLogic on your PC, you can look in the config set up and share the following pages...

Also this one...

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you turn heater off while in spa heat settings on your ScreenLogic it will save it To the ET. So when the v button is pressed There is no heat source demand. Leave heater as your heat source and make sure temp is set to desired temp and it should work. If he want to do it from the ET menu-heat-spa-heat source (heater)
Left and right arrows in default menu adjust temp.
Note if spa is on schedule and you leave heater as source the heater will fire up during schedule

I am not sure how your blower is set up, but on the surface I can't see a way that going into the spa mode would automatically turn on the blower.. :scratch:

The Blower is connected to an Aux relay and that relay would have to be turned on.. Normally the blower is not automatically turned on, it is something that is manually done. Look at the Aux buttons and see which one says "Blower"..
I can see a way. There is a special relay output which activates in spa mode. That output could be used to trigger an Aux relay simply by moving the relay input from the Aux relay output to the Spa output. But then you'd lose manual control of the blower if that was desired.
spa.png

Squirrel,

I was trying to think of a way that would allow both manual and automatic blower operation..

I use the Spa relay output, that you show above, to control my standalone spa... When in the in the pool mode the EasyTouch uses the water temp probe in the pool plumbing.. When in the Spa mode, the output closes a relay that replaces the pool water temp probe with one that is in the standalone spa... So I knew the output was there, I just doubt that whoever set up the OP's EasyTouch is using it.. If they did, then the Blower should have come on and it does not.. I suspect it never came on with just using the V button..

Then again, I've been wrong about 100 times just today alone... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

So I knew the output was there, I just doubt that whoever set up the OP's EasyTouch is using it.. If they did, then the Blower should have come on and it does not.. I suspect it never came on with just using the V button..
Agreed. I was suggesting a way to make it automatic. Of course, if the blower is connected to an aux relay the usual way, it just requires one more button press to toggle the blower manually from the panel. Not a whole lot of extra work. 😎

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.