EasyTouch 4 Transceiver issue.

Stream99

May 24, 2020
Orlando, FL
Hello, I have an EasyTouch 4 system with a Transceiver that has stopped working. The part# I have is 520113.

Question; Is there a way to change this transceiver to one that will work with my Pentair remote (520691) and an App on a phone or a tablet?

Thanks, in advance.

That transceiver is for your remote. You need to use that to continue to use your existing remote.

I understand there is a difference in automation products> Trying to find out if there is a superceded part for the transceiver I have, of if I'm stuck buying the same old part? I currently have 520341, inside the 520113 housing.

There is an older remote transceiver and a new version transceiver.. But they can't be mixed.. If you have an older remote you have to use the older transceiver..

Let's see if Tom can add anything... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey Stream99,
That fried chip is the comm chip - the cap near it may be gone too, or it just might be covered in magic smoke. In any case, these cards are expensive but yours might be repairable... if you've got some surface soldering skills, you can remove/replace the burned chip. The chip is either a Maxim Integrated max1483esa or an Intersil ISL81483IBZ... both can be gotten from Mouser or Digikey. I'd stay away from eBay sources, I've gotten bad ones before.

Anyway, I'll send you a private message as well - just in case you're not up for performing surgery.

Tom

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.