Easy Touch Remote Problems

Gary Neirynck

Apr 19, 2020
Allen, TX
I have a Pentair Easy Touch Pool controller with remote. It has worked fine for years, but now I can't get the remote to connect with the controller. I have tried the reset process (send address) several times, but it never connects. This problem started after losing power to our house one night. Everything on the main controller is working fine. I thought the problem might be in the Virtual Cable antenna. I opened it to see if it was working. It has a power light and the 485 Link and RF link are blinking in some kind of pattern, but I don't know if that is good or bad. Does anyone know how to tell if the antenna is communicating? I don't want to spend $300 on a new one if that isn't the problem.

Gary,

Let's see if Tom will answer his phone... Calling @ogdento

If it turns out your remote can't be fixed, I would look at installing ScreenLogic2.. It makes programming and using your EasyTouch much more fun.. You can use your PC, Phone, or Tablet to control the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I had this happen to my ET remote. Under warranty they came out and replaced the circuit board that is inside the antennae housing. The little lights were blinking also when it would not communicate. Just checked, circuit boards are $250+. Might be time for ScreenLogic 2

I had this happen to my ET remote. Under warranty they came out and replaced the circuit board that is inside the antennae housing. The little lights were blinking also when it would not communicate. Just checked, circuit boards are $250+. Might be time for ScreenLogic 2
Had the exact same problem and solution. Talking w/ Pentair, we found that our PB still held the warranty. They sent him the boards and he came over and replaced them. Took 10 minutes.

i found the post i was looking for, it talks about a 6-blink repeating pattern. Pool clown mentions in post #3 that the rs485 and rf leds being on at the same time indicates a failed card. i described the pattern in #8

Thanks everyone for the help. I do have the same blinking pattern as described above. Both LEDs blink 6 times and the 485 blinks 3 times. Looks like I have a bad board. At least I know the problem. Since a new board will cost $300 and I found a ScreenLogic2 upgrade kit for just over $400, I think I will upgrade it so I can use my phone to control the pool.

the rs485 led flashes when data is on the comm port, and the rf led flashes when data is sent or received with the radio.

i.e. if you press an aux button on your outdoor controller you'll see the rs485 led flash (could take a few seconds) - and then you may see the rf led flash if data is being sent via radio. and likewise if you press a button on the wireless remote you should see the rf led flash as data is received via rf

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that I did upgrade to the ScreenLogic2 system. It works great. The install was very easy since I really only had to replace the outdoor antenna board with the new one. The indoor antenna and transceiver just plugged into my local LAN and DONE! Loaded the app on my phone and it found the controller immediately and I was good to go. The interface is a lot easier to use than the handheld remote. Also, the ScreenLogic app works on Android even though the instructions only mention IOS.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gary,

I find that using my PC for ScreenLogic is much better than using my phone... Programming is almost a no brainer and it is easier to use as more stuff is on the same page.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.