Easy Touch nocomm following thunder storm

Jun 22, 2015
texas
We just had a thunderstorm pass through Houston which left my Easy Touch responding nocomm. I have tried to pair continues to say searching. I have also turned power off no go. I have checked the antenna working. This happened a year ago while in warranty the tech came out opened up the panel and the issue was resolved. Any suggestions whould be truly appreciated thank you.
David

David,

What kind of pump do you have? If an IntelliFlo, go check the pump's screen.. Make sure you are not in the Service mode... See if it says "Display not Active".. if it does, that means your com port is ok.. If the pump's display shows anything else, it most likely means your main board has lost it's com port chip..

Let us know what you find and we can give you a couple of options..

Thanks,

Jim R.

David,

What kind of pump do you have? If an IntelliFlo, go check the pump's screen.. Make sure you are not in the Service mode... See if it says "Display not Active".. if it does, that means your com port is ok.. If the pump's display shows anything else, it most likely means your main board has lost it's com port chip..

Let us know what you find and we can give you a couple of options..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim

Thank you for the quick response it reads as you said Display is not Active. Appreciate the help is there a place on the site to send a thank you to a paypal? I really appreciate your skills and knowledge. I have been using the panel to control the pool with no issues.

David

David,

See this link... Become a TFP Supporter - Trouble Free Pool

If the pump reads "Display not active" that means the main board is good... If your ScreenLogic is not connecting, then it would be either the outside Transceiver (antenna) or the inside Transceiver, or the Protocol adapter..

Go outside and look at the board in the antenna... The Green LED should be on solid and the Tx/Rx leds should flash on/off.. usually a lot of Tx and a little Rx..

The Inside transceiver should have a solid green light and the same Tx/Rx lights..

The Adapter should have a sold red light, indicating the adapter has power and the Adapter's Ethernet plug should have flashing lights indicating it it connected to the Ethernet.. If it is not flashing it could be that the Ethernet end of the adapter is bad..

Did the lighting take out anything else connected to your home network???

(Note... this is the same info that I sent in response to your PM to me..)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.