Easy Touch 8 - Controlling Spa Return valve only and not the Intake valve

bhollehday

May 22, 2020
Palmdale, CA
I was wondering if there is a way to actuate the spa return valve only. I want to be able to really move the water in the spa and spill into the pool. Id like to schedule this to happen once a day for an hour or so to just flush out the spa. Is this possible using the easy touch?

This one is pretty easy, Pentair has thought ahead and this action is programmed in. I'm going to make a quick assumption you have Screenlogic, if you don't this can still be done through the panel at the equipment pad.

To say the least - in Screenlogic go to the Setup Circuits page and select an unsed Feature circuit. There is a built in circuit called Spillway. Assign that. You can also select a page for it to display on in "Screenlogic Display" -this will give you manual access to it from your remote devices.

Once you create the circuit, create a schedule using that circuit to run as long as you would like and you are all set.

The special "Spillway" does exactly as you want, it only rotates one valve, pulling water from the pool, but sending all of the return to the spa.

1591626202980.png

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Forgot to add, that if you need more power out of the pump to get the spillway action really going you can assign a faster RPM just to this circuit on one of the next screens. I turn the pump up to 3200 RPM for this mode. My spillover opening is too wide and I don't get a good flow of water if I don't crank the pump way up.

1591626593102.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.